MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) — The holiday season is pretty special no matter which part of the world it is, but celebrating the festive spirit while living in Wisconsin has some perks!
Alisa Sleep, editor of the Milwaukee Mom blog, joined us on Monday, December 12 to discuss a fun way to get kids involved in making holiday recipes using Wisconsin cheese.
She provided some easy and festive recipes to enjoy:
Cranberry breakfast bowl
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup BelGioioso Cheese Ricotta con Latte®
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons of granola
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Whisk together yogurt, ricotta and maple syrup in a small bowl. Top with cranberry sauce, granola and pecans.
Holiday Tree Cheese Platter
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus tips, trimmed and blanched
- 6 ounces Marieke® Gouda Nature Young cheese, cut into wedges
- 6 ounces Hook’s Blue Paradise™ cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1 breadstick
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, with stems
- 6 ounces Hook’s Old Old Cheddar Cheese (white), cubed
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto (about 6 slices)
- 1 blood orange, sliced
- Outline the shape of the tree with asparagus tips. Starting at the base of the tree, arrange the gouda cheese and blue cheese. Place the breadstick horizontally in the tree; arrange grapes for ornaments.
- Place the cheddar on top of the breadsticks; top with a layer of prosciutto. Top with gouda.
- Cut the orange slices into quarters. Arrange shims for the shaft skirt and at the top of the shaft.
The Milwaukee Mom Blog can be found by click here.
source : https://folobooks.com/