Image featured courtesy of JMU Athletics Communications
This is the first game for JMU. First game on the road this season. The first Sunbelt conference game, and the first real chance to put not only the conference in check, but the country as well.
JMU travels to Boone, NC for the first time since 2007. In that game, JMU lost a heartbreak, 28-27. This rivalry and emerging rivalry gave fans of JMU and App State a lot of unforgettable moments.
Will that continue on Saturday, September 24th at 3:30 PM ET? Let’s get acquainted with this game.
High 70 tomorrow in Boone, NC. It will be partly cloudy with winds arriving at 5-10 mph.
how to watch
The game will be available to watch on ESPN+ with TV coverage beginning at approximately 3:30 PM ET. ESPN + subscription required. Click here to find the game and sign up for ESPN+ if needed.
If you want to listen to radio broadcasts and you’re in Harrisonburg, tune in to WSVA 550 AM or 92.1 FM. You can stream online radio broadcasts at WSVAOnline.com and on your phone using The Varsity Network app.
Knowing the status of the application
Record: 2-1, 1-0 in Sunbelt play
Key victories: Win #6 at Texas A&M
Coach: Sean Clark. 22-8 in his third full year at the App State. His win percentage of .733 is eighth among the top active coaches on the FBS level.
- Pass: R-Senior QB Chase Brice – Gold 62/100 for 779 yards with 9 TD and 1 INT
- Rushing: R-Jr RB Cameron Jones – 49 Atts – 255 yards – 5.2 / lunge – 1 TD – 85 / game
- Will. RB Nate Noel – Came off an ankle injury in the first week Where he had 116 yards versus UNC – the Rush yards leader from last season
- Receipt: will WR owns Christian Horn 10 handles 169 yards and 2 TDs
- Interventions: R Jr DB Nick Ross He leads a team in TKLS with 25 and has handled 1 TFL
- Other players to watch: LB Nick Hampton and LB Trey Cobb – Experienced players gathered in 22 tackles and 4 sacks.
Other things to note:
App-uh-LATCH-in State hosted ESPN College Gameday last week after disturbing Texas A&M the previous week. It’s been a solid start to the season for pre-season favorites Sunbelt East.
App State and JMU have met 16 times, and this will be their 17th meeting. Mountaineer leads the series 12-4 and when games are played in Boone, App State leads 7-2.