And welcome to the newest addition to National Hockey Now, Dallas Hockey Now. I’m not sure how close Penguins fans are to Dallas, but it’s going to be an interesting story this season.
Pittsburgh Penguins / Sports Now Group PGH
Pittsburgh Hockey Now: Dave Molinari spoke with new penguins defender Ty Smith. Dave writes that the busy Blue Line and battle location do not frighten Smith, who may mark his way with the Penguins of Pittsburgh.
When two ski boot owners get stuck, the penguins’ locker room will be less fun. He did some great moves and then had fun with us in the locker room. Video is also included. “I will stay here forever,” Evgeny Malkin was in a rare state.
PHN+: The number one question everyone asks is “Who looks good?” We answered that question, and some of the names bode well for the future of penguins. Impressions and plans of Mike Sullivan for the Pittsburgh Penguins training camp.
First, there are some great stories on SteelersNow.com today after the Steelers lost 29-17 to the Browns on Thursday night football.
- Steelers Extra (+): The attack was better and fiercer, but only 17 points? Was the aggressive attack enough for the Steelers?
- Deontay Johnson didn’t completely dump buses under the bus. Wait, actually, he did. “We can only do what they ask us to do,” he said. Steelers postgame.
- The captain had a different view, “We just kicked our ass,” Cam Heyward said.
Pittsburgh baseball now
- I’m a little excited to see this kid – Endy Rodrigues is still super hot in Triple A. Pirates.
- The pirates are set to bring in Ji-Hwan Bae.
- Click here for the game’s post-game summary, David Bednar news, and all things Pittsburgh Pirates.
Subscribe to Sports Now Group PGH – coverage of Penguins, Steelers and Pirates from the best in business who are already into gaming. Ad-free experience. Exclusive content. And more to come! Join here.
NHL Trade Chatter, News and National Hockey Now:
Arizona Sports: NHL commercial chatter – Jacob Chicheron didn’t invent the words. He wants to play for a competitor and hopes to be replaced by one.
Yes, but that’s the price. You can window shop for a Rolex, but paying the price is another matter.
Hockey in Washington Now: Like the first day of school, Sammy Silber wore a new Vince Camuto jacket and Burberry shoes. The first important news was a departure from the path of injury. Karl Hagelin is out for the long haul.
- Nick Backstrom wants to play this season. And a hit update on Pittsburgh Penguins’ No. 1 enemy (or did Jacob become a Tropa 1?), Tom Wilson.
- Something the Penguins can relate to – John Carlson admitted that after four consecutive play-off failures, he and Washington DC feel “bad.”
Philly Hockey Now: John Tortorella put the boys in ‘torture’. Love the headline from Sam Carchidi! Tony D’Angelo admitted that his legs were given a bit. This is the first day of the Philadelphia Flyers.
I miss pat. I feel like I need a good cheese steak. I love Peppi here, but they don’t use Whiz, and the grease is contained.
New coach. New Linear Groups, D Pairs, and a New Beginning for New Yorkers.
TSN Insiders: Bo Horvat has yet to return to the NHL trade block, but contract negotiations have begun, and the two sides aren’t close.
Hockey news: The Oilers are trying to move Jesse Polgojarvi.
Montreal Hockey Now: Remember this guy – Mike Matheson will play a crucial role for the Montreal Canadiens.
Colorado: It’s a 2C position battle for the Stanley Cup holders. The Colorado Avalanche gives Evan Rodriguez a chance.
Dallas: New star streak sets and a fresh start after last season’s disappointment. Dallas Stars camp starts.
Calgary: Talk about fire and ice. My destiny is in the middle. Sony Milano in this suite? Calgary Flames Lines.
Vegas: It’s lean. It’s not mean. Who will play Phil Kessel with the Vegas Golden Knights?