The breakfast crunchwrap recipe is a delicious and portable breakfast option that is perfect for busy mornings. It is made with a flour tortilla filled with scrambled eggs, cheese, and your favorite breakfast meats and vegetables. The tortilla is then folded and grilled until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown.
Breakfast crunchwraps are a popular item at Taco Bell, and they are also relatively easy to make at home. This recipe provides a step-by-step guide on how to make your own breakfast crunchwraps, including a variety of filling options.
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 pound breakfast sausage or beef bacon, cooked
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: salsa, sour cream, avocado, chopped tomatoes, onions, etc.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the hash brown patties according to package directions.
- Add the sausage or beef bacon to the skillet and cook until browned and heated through.
- Scramble the eggs in a separate skillet over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble the crunchwraps, place a tortilla on a flat surface.
- Spread a thin layer of cheese on the tortilla, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Top with 1/4 of the hash browns, sausage or beef bacon, and eggs.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese.
- Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla up over the filling.
- Fold the left and right edges of the tortilla in towards the center.
- Fold the top edge of the tortilla down over the filling.
- Repeat steps 5-11 with the remaining tortillas and fillings.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat.
- Place the crunchwraps in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown.
- Cut the crunchwraps in half and serve with your favorite toppings.
- Crunchwrap Supreme: Add a layer of salsa and sour cream to the crunchwrap before folding it.
- Black Bean Crunchwrap Supreme: Substitute black beans for the sausage or beef bacon.
- California Crunchwrap: Add avocado and chopped tomatoes to the crunchwrap.
- Chicken Crunchwrap: Substitute cooked chicken for the sausage or beef bacon.
Tips for Making Breakfast Crunchwraps
- Make sure the hash browns are crispy before adding them to the crunchwraps.
- Use a good quality cheese that melts well.
- Don’t overfill the crunchwraps, or they will be difficult to fold and cook.
- Cook the crunchwraps over medium heat to prevent the tortilla from burning.
- Serve the crunchwraps immediately with your favorite toppings.
A typical crunchwrap supreme calories about 400-500. The exact calories in a crunchwrap supreme count will vary depending on the ingredients you use. For example, a crunchwrap made with sausage and beef bacon will be higher in calories than a crunchwrap made with black beans and chicken.
Here is a more detailed crunchwrap supreme nutrition breakdown for a typical breakfast crunchwrap:
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 20 grams
- Saturated fat: 9 grams
- Cholesterol: 200 milligrams
- Sodium: 800 milligrams
- Carbohydrates: 40 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 20 grams
Breakfast Crunchwrap Meal Ideas
Breakfast crunchwraps can be enjoyed on their own, or they can be paired with other breakfast items such as fruit, yogurt, or coffee. Here are a few meal ideas:
- Breakfast crunchwrap with a side of fruit and yogurt
- Breakfast crunchwrap with a cup of coffee
- Breakfast crunchwrap with a smoothie
- Breakfast crunchwrap with a bowl of cereal
- Breakfast crunchwrap with a slice of toast and avocado
Breakfast crunchwraps are a delicious and portable breakfast option that is perfect for busy mornings. They are easy to make at home and can be customized to your liking. Enjoy!